Saturday, August 23, 2008

Collab - I Will Follow You Into The Dark (Cover)



---

The Story -

Main Vocals - Ray
Main Guitar - Ray
Intro Guitar - Chris
Backing Vocals - Chris
Strings - Chris

This cover of Death Cab For Cutie's "I Will Follow You Into The Dark," was a pleasure to work on. As you might have guessed from the credits above, it was work done by Ray and myself. It's far from perfect, but I think it's an okay interpretation of the original song. I like how it sounds full and thick because of the combination of vocals and strings, without being too heavy (in my opinion).

As usual, any thoughts on the matter are certainly appreciated.

---

Some technical bits:

The backing vocals were created by a combination of singing fairly high, compression, and chorus. Wewt. The strings were composed using my midi controller. All the levels and such were managed in Garage Band. If the song sounds too quiet...TURN IT UP!

Random Side Note - I was randomly coming up with band names, and "RC Magnificent" just sort of came to me. That's probably why I shouldn't come up with band names: that's terrible (and it sounds like a low-grade rap group that addresses issues of remote controlled vehicles. lol.)

No comments: