Sunday, April 12, 2009

Recent Round-Up

I haven't fallen off the face of the Earth. Here are a few instrumental pieces I've done recently.

Rhythm In Motion -

 Hypno-sis - Rhythm In Motion (Working)


Note - This song ended up being a giant backing track for me to solo over. I don't think it turned out as well as some of the ideas in, "Sound Collage 1," but I still had fun with this work. I tried to make sure that each section lead into the next somewhat fluidly, but listening in again (and a bit closer) shows me I have a lot I still need to improve on.

"Sound Collage 1" -

 Hypno-sis - Sound Collage 1 (Tentative)


Note - The one started life as a small piano riff. After I settled in with a two handed riff, I transposed it into a few different keys, and tried to improvise a meaningful guitar part over everything. I think I was more successful in some sections than others. If nothing else, I'm happy with the fact that at least the four sections sound reasonably distinct.

"Voices In Motion" -

 Hypno-sis - Voices In Motion


Note - This one was inspired by the Music class that I'm taking right now. The initial concept was to play off 3/4 and 4/4 beats off one another, but in the end it ended up more like an exercise in looping certain sounds and trying for specific audial effects. For the record, the lead guitar part's tone is done with a pedal called a "bronzer," and I know that it sounds somewhat like the "Dramatic Chipmunk." This was not done intentionally.

"Hello, Madness."

 Hypno-sis - Hello Madness.


Note - The title came from two places. One was the front of a torrent site, "Demonoid." The other was from the fact that this was basically a mash-up created by a few new plug-ins I have for Garageband. My two favorite parts are the bass and the little bit of talking at the end. There are lyrics, so listen carefully (or just turn it up).

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I like "Hypno-sis - Sound Collage 1 (Tentative)" especially the low sound part of the piano. Keep up good work!