Thursday, March 27, 2008

Sound Check...



PART 2 - The Video



The Lyrics:

None.

The Story:

EDIT - Here's the link to the eBay auction:

http://tinyurl.com/yppmuo

Okay, this one is a little bit different. I recently bought a guitar, more specifically a Washburn Dime 333. Since the people who frequent this blog probably have access to my Facebook (marketplace), you can see a picture of it there. For the uninitiated, here's a picture (click for the full sized picture):

Photobucket

Now that my initial plans for this guitar have basically been shot to hell, I'm trying to resell it on Facebook, Craigslist, Ebay, and any other service that I can get my hands on. There guitar is a little dinged up cosmetically, but everything else is in order. It's a good player with some nice features (I particularly like the neck joint - it's a very nice change of pace from irritating low-end Squier necks), but it's just not the guitar for me.

You may be asking yourself - well what the heck is this post about? Part of it is a blatant advertisement for the guitar, but the other part is a "sound check." The song happily situated at the top of this post was played entirely on the Washburn (with the exception of the drum track). It consists of a "60s" texture (the backing track), 2 lead guitars, and one clean guitar. I tried to show what this guitar is capable of as well as what it sounds like, but there are two limits to this. First is the fact that I am not exactly the most proficient guitar player in the world. Second is that the sound of the guitar depends a lot on the effects / pre-amp that you use on it...but I still think the overall product turned out pretty well. Even if it doesn't sell anyone on the guitar it was still fun to play and come up with riffs that were a bit speedier than the ones I normally seem to play.

In any case, for more pictures or for a purchasing price, feel free to send me an email at...

fromthewayside [ at ] gmail [ dot ] com.

No comments: