Tuesday, November 6, 2007

The Button (aka Metal 2)



Copyright Hypnosis 2007.

The Story:

This is my first attempt at a "metal," song. It has its share of problems, to be sure (it's not fast enough, there is no underlying / backing track, etc), but I was surprised with how well it seemed to work, given my skill at the time. I don't think it's long enough or specific enough to provide an in-depth political critique, but at the very least I hope it offers up some interesting metaphors and groovy moments. Interestingly I never actually came up with a name for this song until just moments ago. I don't think "The Button" adequately describes this song, but at least it makes sense and is more informative than "Metal 2." If you are wondering what happened to Metal 1...it's still in production. Really it's just a bunch of random ideas I recorded (IE me trying to sound cool on guitar), so it may never exist as a full song, like Metal 2 does. Fear not though - I have more music (and more metal music) on the way. It'll only be a matter of time.

Lyrics:

Let me introduce myself
Though I'm sure you know my name
I'm dropping the bomb now
As the righteous are slain
Some call me Lucifer -
But you can call me Kane

I laugh at your cries for truth
And accountability
I could care less about
My responsibility

Give me the money
Give me my sins
I'll take it all
My pocketbook still wins

Ghosts rule this land now
Everything is ash
Man may have had the button
But he was not up for the task

What's one more way to die?
What's one more fear?
Go ahead and kiss your ass goodbye
Until the next election year.

[/end solo]

No comments: